Monday, September 22, 2008

The colors of Rome


We spent two beautiful weeks in Rome. I have many photos to share, but there are so many it's hard to choose what to put up. I have some of the standard photos of churches and monuments. But for now, here are photos that show COLOR which is my best memory of the trip.

The gelato stand

That incredible orange and yellow - two of my favorites!

The graffiti!

Some metal doors with more of that beautiful reddish orange.

This is a color I can't quite identify - made of pink red orange and magic I think.

The green, yellow and soft blue on the train were great together.

Archeological red. Soft and worn over time.

This blue red and yellow combo was exciting.

I want to paint my own house this color. If only I had the Mediterranean light to go with it.

Love this pink and red together.

The softest pink yellow and blue combo.

Glorious blue-purple morning glories in an old water aquaduct.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow amaizng photos Thersa..colour my world...stunning!!! Thanks for sharing. Looks wonderful

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL eye for photography -- these are wonderful!

Carol Stocker said...

Glorious colors T! LOVE it and of course, I adore most the red orange pink color...kind of like a coral salmon sunset! Delicious! Hugs, Carol

Debby said...

WOW!!!! Theresa the pics are incredible. I also love all the bright, vivid colors. Thanks for sharing.
Debby

Gale Blair said...

Gorgeous colors and wonderful photos! I will watch for more. Will you also be writing about your trip? I hope so!

~*~Patty S said...

Oh, I am Loving your travel posts! I've not been to Italy since I was a young girl.....two weeks must have been just SO fantastic! Hazelnut gelato is one of my favs!!! Keep the pics coming...please :)

ArtPropelled said...

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous photographs, Theresa. I could wallow in them.

wildaltarose said...

Thank you for taking us on your colorful tour of Rome....

Bonnie

Little Julie said...

Love Rome!!!! But I must know what your plans are for the bags of color? I can't stay out of that store when I visit but never thought about the fresco supplies. Tell, tell....?