Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sneak Preview of show in June

From June 5th through July 5th 2011 my work will be showing at the Glenview Art Gallery in Rockville Maryland. It's a three person show and here's the line up:

Anne Nicholson - ceramics
Roger Doyle – oil paintings
Theresa Martin - assemblage


Here is a sneak preview of one of the collages I'll be showing:



 Full view - 14" x 18" Mixed Media Collage
 Detail
Detail

 I'm using numbers as an element in my new work. For my last show the magnifying glass was a main element and while it appears again in some of the work, this time the numbers are a repeating theme. Many of the figures have a 'halo' made from vintage bathroom scale dials. The new pieces are paper sewn onto paper with some fabric added. I'm using buttons and other 3D elements on them as well. I'll be sharing more about my process as well as posting more photos each month.  Hope to see you there at the show!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish..........so I will have to keep updated here!

You know I love what you've done. The numbers theme is really clever.

You rock T!

Becky Shander said...

I love how resourceful you are...using a bathroom scale dial as a halo is genius.