Monday, October 13, 2008

Mosaics in Rome

Robyn of Art Propelled has a wonderful post called SCAT CAT and she's gathered a wonderful collection of artistic cats - including a wonderful Mosaic Cat from Pompeii that she put in for me. I didn't see that particular mosaic in Pompeii, but I did see many. Here are a few photos of mosaics, including one with my shadow from Ostia Antiqua - I'm waving at you!

The photo of the eagle, rabbit and tree mosaic is from the Vatican's collection.

From the Vatican's collection.

From Ostia Antiqua

I think this one was from the Vatican's collection too. We walked over these. It felt like we shouldn't walk over them, but they were fulfilling their true use as floor decorations. I admit it - it was thrilling to walk on them.

3 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

It's really amazing to get to see your photos and read about your adventures Theresa! I am sure looking at the photos brings back the warmth of the sun, the feel of the Italian wind in your hair and so many more undefinable memories! TFS these wonderful pics!

ArtPropelled said...

The Ostia Antiqua mosaics are very beautiful especially that tail.

Thanks for the mention, Theresa.

Dayna Collins said...

The mosaics in Italy were amazing! We especially loved the ones at St. Mark's in Venice.